You should do...
1. Change money at a reputable looking location, use
your own (or the hotel's) calculator before changing!
2. Put on loads of High Factor Waterproof Sun Cream
(especially if you intend to spend a lot of time in
3. Drink a lot of bottled water and eat a lot of fresh
fruit - do your body a favor. ...be careful with your
belongings at all times. Crime is on the increase and
can ruin your holiday. Cases of handbag snatching have
been reported, so leave important documents in your
hotel safe and wear your bag across your shoulders!
4. Try not to step on offerings in the street (walk
5. Respect the slow pace of processions when stuck behind
one, i.e. don't honk!
6. Haggle when buying (except on price-tagged goods.)
7. Buy 'Immodium' to relieve bouts of Bali belly.
8. Use anti-mosquitoes lotion or sprey at night
9. Be carefull to bring meat if you are walking, it
interests the wild dog
You shouldn't do...
1. Forget to take your passport (or a photocopy of your
2. Swim outside designated swimming areas on the beach,
currents can be very strong. Swim between the red and
3. Do drugs! It can carry the death penalty, and there
are enough foreigners residing in Bali courtesy of the
Goverment prison service!
4. Touch people's heads - it is very offensive to Hindus.
5. Enter a temple during menstruation. Sorry Ladies!
6. Forget to put salt on your food & drink water
- you will probably sweat a lot.
7. Worry too much about the ice - it's government-quality
controlled in established bars and restaurants.
8. Forget to look and listen while you cross the road.
Cars may stop, motorbikes may not