Bali Places of Interest
Central of Bali
- Denpasar : the capital city of BALI, mostly the
offices of government needs. Daily market needs, shopping
places, Bali Museum, Bali Art Center, Bajra Sandi
Museum, and many more.
- Batubulan : Known for stone carving and Barong
- Bona : center of palm-leave and bamboo handycrafts.
- Celuk : Center of gold & silverworks in the
village and along the street of Celuk with its artshops
- Gianyar : the capital town of Gianyar district
with old residence of the former Raja of Gianyar.
- Goa Gajah : ancient hermitage with a Ganesa statue
inside the cave, often called the Elephant cave.
- Gunung Kawi : Ancient memorial of the Balinese
rulers carved on a solid rock with beautiful surroundings
- Mas : Well-known for special quality of woodcarving,
painting, and stone carving made by talented craftman.
- Mengwi : known for Royal Family temple of Taman
- Sangeh : forest of nugmeg trees with hundreds of
monkeys inhabitants and Bukit Sari temple in the middle
of it .
- Sanur : Exciting white sandy beach known as one
of the main tourist resort, stunning sun rise, restaurants
- dining pleasure, bars, night life entertainment,
handy-craft shops, recreation parks, budget accommodations
to 5 star luxury resort and villas choices to stay
- Sukawati : Art Market with wide selection of Balinese
artworks / handy-crafts with reasonable prices.
- Ubud : Famous amidst visitors from various countries
for Museum of Painting countryside living
and artist community. Accommodation of any budgets
up to 5 star rated properties and Luxury Villas.
North of Bali
- Air Sanih : Tranquil beach with fresh spring pools
beach and accommodations.
- Banjar village : Hot spring bathing-place with
pool on the northern coast.
- Bedugul : beautiful Lake-temple Beratan with harmonious
mountain panorama, flowers and vegetables plantations
- Gitgit : Breath-taking waterfall with natural beauty
- Kebun Raya Bedugul : known for the Botanical Garden
with wide selection of plants fresh with mountain
- Lovina Beach : Restful tourist resort on the north
coast with black sandy beach.
- Singaraja : the principal town of Buleleng district
formerly the original capital of Bali.
North East of Bali
- Bangli : The capical-town of Bangli district with
beautiful Kehen temple nearby
- Batur : Well-known for the active Mt. Batur and
the Lake, with its cool weather.
- Kintamani & Penelokan : Fresh with mountain
air with gracious Ulun Danu temple, nearby is spectacular
Lake Batur, active volcano Batur, choice of budget
accommodations and local dining pleasure .
- Tampak Siring : well-known for Holy Spring Temple
with the state Palace on the upper land.
- Toya Bungkah : Known for hot spring bathingplace
by the lake Batur.
- Trunyan : Ancient village of the original Balinese
with specific tradition and custom, accessible by
boat over the lake of Batur.
East of Bali
- Amlapura : Principal city of Karangasem district
with Raja’s palace.
- Besakih : The biggest temple in Indonesia, or the
mother temple of Bali situated on the slope of the
sacred Mount Agung.
- Bukit Jambul : marvelous scene of rice-terraces,
combining with clove plantations, green hill surrounding,
and the spectacular view of the Indian Ocean to the
- Candidasa : peaceful white sandy-beach. It is one
of the tourist destination area located in east of
- Goa Lawah (Bat Cave) : a cave with thousand of
bats in habitants situated on the temple courtyard.
- Iseh : a good scenery and spectacular rice terraces,
riverbank, and green-hill surrounding
- Kamasan : Famous for typical traditional painting,
gold, silver, and brassworks
- Klungkung : Capital town of Klungkung District,
known for the old court of justice “Kerta Gosa”
- Mount Agung : it is considered the tallest mount
in Bali of 3242 meters in high. A sacred temple called
Pasar Agung is on the slove of the mount, prayers
should go through hundred of steps to go up. Trekking
is good to experience to Mount Agung to see a beautiful
scenery surrounding with cool breeze weather and to
witness the spectacular sun rise.
- Padangbai Harbor : ferry to Lombok island and one
of good dive site in east of Bali.
- Tenganan : Ancient village of the original Balinese
cloth called “Gringsing”
- Tirta Gangga : Old Royal bathing place with pool
of the former “Rajah” / King of Karangasem regency.
- Tulamben : Fascinting diving area with beautiful
underwater sceneries and the wreck of S.S. Liberty
South of Bali
- Benoa Harbor : Sea Cruises activities to Nusa Lembongan
& Nusa Penida Island as well as dinner cruises
around the harbor.
- Jimbaran & Kedonganan : It is well-known of
seafood restaurants along the white sandy beach.
- Kuta : the most well-known tourist resort in Bali,
with marvelous white sandy long beach and stunning
sun set, restaurants - dining pleasure, bars, night
life entertainment, discotheques, handy-craft shops,
shopping centers, recreation parks, budget accommodations
to 5 star luxury resort and villas choices to stay
- Nusa Dua : magnificent white sandy beach with numbers
of 4 and 5 star luxury resorts, international hotel
chains and villas, large convention facilities, golf
course, restaurants - dining pleasure, bars, handy-craft
- Srangan Island : known as Turtle Island, with diving
area and Sakenan temple.
- Suluban : Well-known beach for surfing.
- Uluwatu : Amazing temple perching on the edge of
stiff cliff on the south coast.
- Tanjung Benoa : central of any kind of water sports
activities, dining pleasure, accommodations of any
West of Bali
- Alas Kedaton: A temple surrounded by forest with
- Batukaru: Temple on the highland with lush vegetation
- Jatiluwih: the most fantastic viewing spot of rice-terraces
and hill surroundings.
- Medewi: pleasant beach for surf sport lovers .
- Rambut Siwi: Temple on the cliff known as the biggest
in the west of Bali.
- Tanah Lot : Scenic temple set on the rocky isle
known as the best place for watching the stunning
sut set, shopping places of Balinese handy-crafts
are available on the area.
- West Bali National Park : Covers about 70.000 hectares
and famous for white starling (Leucopsar Rotchildii)
and wild bull (Boss Javanicus).
- Kerambitan : Royal Palace with spacious Gamelan
- Gilimanuk : ferry to Ketapang (East of Java).
North West of Bali
- Pulau Menjangan (Menjangan Island) : part of Bali
barat wild life reserve with its underwater beauty
and flocks of protected deers.